Controls for Copper Tube Annealing Furnace
At a copper tube factory an electrical furnace is used during the annealing process.
The copper pipes are rolled in a coil shape and placed in a carriage which is placed
on a roll conveyor that passes through the furnace. During this process, a gas, N2H2 (98% N2 and 2% H2), is introduced to eliminate oxidation, (this prevents the tube’s surface from
oxidizing in the atmosphere and losing its brightness). Globex’s scope of work was
to deliver a control panel and pulpit designed to regulate all process parameters
for a copper tube annealing furnace, which included but was not limited to control regulated Temperature, Pressure,
02 content, N2H2 content, dewpoint etc.
The control also regulated all mechanical functions including opening / closing of
doors and speed control. Globex modernized and replaced measuring and regulating
devices used on the furnace equipment. Tube annealing control is performed via SCADA
application and operating panels on charging and discharging pulpits.
Scope of Work:
- Detailed mechanical design for modernization of copper tubes annealing furnace
- Detailed electrical design for modernization of copper tubes annealing furnace
- Making and Delivery of SCADA Application
- Making and Delivery of Control Pulpits
- QA during manufacturing
- Operating & Maintenance Manuals
- Training of Production and Maintenance Personnel